Spring Art Walk May 21, 2021 from 5 to 9pm
The sidewalks of downtown Delafield come alive with color and music during the (spring and fall) art walks. In front of downtown businesses, local artists display their creations at various stops throughout downtown. You'll also enjoy live music and performances and more! Leisurely stroll through the streets as you browse the artwork for sale. Many of the stores and restaurants nearby offer extended hours of operation Friday evening. Rain or Shine!
COVID-19 Guidelines for NLYC 2021
(As of April 11, 2021)
In the interest of safety and fairness to all NLYC members, we would like to present some COVID-19 guidelines to keep all our members safe this year. COVID-19, along with new variants, continue to circulate within our community. We, as a private club, have a responsibility not only to protect our members, but to protect the community we live in.
4-5-2021 was the first day Wisconsin residents age 16 and up were eligible for the COVID 19 vaccine. We also understand that vaccine appointments can be hard to come by, and full immunity is reached at different times depending on the vaccine. Therefore, we have some guidelines that should be in effect, at least until all members have had the opportunity to be vaccinated if they choose to do so.
As we monitor the cases of COVID-19 in Waukesha county, and the availability of vaccines, we will be able to relax our COVID-19 guidelines throughout the spring / summer.
We have based our current guideline on the information from Waukesha County and the CDC. Latest guidance from Waukesha County on large gathering recommendations (Waukesha county 3/24/2021).https://www.waukeshacounty.gov/globalassets/county-executive/waukesha-county-large-gathering-update-news-release-3.24.21.pdf
This is summarized as:
- No limitations on the numbers of people that can be hosted indoors as long as they:
1. Space 6 feet apart from those from separate households
2. Wear masks
3. Practice hand hygiene and frequent cleaning of common surfaces
- No limitations on the numbers of people that can be hosted outdoors as long as they:
1. Space 6 feet apart
2. Or wear a mask when not able to physically distance
Many Club members have already been vaccinated. At this time (4/11/21) the CDC recommendations (which Waukesha County recommends following) state:
If You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated
Visit inside a home or private setting without a mask with other fully vaccinated people of any age
Visit inside a home or private setting without a mask with one household of unvaccinated people who are not at risk for severe illness
Visit indoors, without a mask, with people at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19
Attend medium or large gatherings
Therefore, at this time the NLYC Board requests the following:
1. While outside on the NLYC property, follow CDC guidelines, and wear a mask if 6’ distancing cannot be maintained with those that are unvaccinated or whose vaccination status you do not know.
a. It is still a good idea to physically distance even if you are vaccinated. Many of the COVID variants will cause illness even in those that are vaccinated.
2. While indoors please wear a mask unless eating or drinking.
3. Whenever possible our formal Social events should use the outside space, but the Clubhouse may be used if CDC guidelines are followed as noted above.
4. Preparing food for a social event:
· We ask that those preparing food for a social event please wear a mask and gloves while cooking, etc.
· No buffet serving style. The Host(s) will plate and serve the food to each individual. If people want a second serving the Host must serve the food.
· The person plating the food should wear a mask and gloves.
· Food is to be covered when not actively being served.
· Use disposable plates, glasses, utensils, and napkins until further notice.
· It will no longer be necessary to have all food catered for social events.
5. Private NLYC rentals will resume in 2021
We ask that private party renters follow the same guidelines for their event as stated above in order to show respect for the decision that the NLYC Board has made for the safety of our members and community.
Peter Keck and the NLYC Board
Photo Credit: Jayson Kufis
If you have questions about the sailNLYC website or your SportsEngine account, you can check the FAQ section under Membership.
Nagawicka Lake Yacht Club was established in 1895 exclusively for sailboats. We are based on the shore of Nagawicka Lake in Delafield and Hartland, Wisconsin with a quaint lake-side club house. The club has an active membership that are involved in sailing for pleasure and competition with a racing program that has over 80 races scheduled each season. Our club races Opti, X Boat, 420's, MC Scow, C Scow and E Scow. A range of instructional programs are offered to both adults and children for the experienced or novice sailor. The atmosphere is friendly and informal. Today, the fine facilities, excellent racing program and frequent club social activities combine to offer a wholesome family experience.
No news currently found.
Please let us know if you want to tend bar this year, there are lots of great spots available.
To review the previous Commodore letters from 2020, please visit the Our Board page.
|Nagawicka Lake Yacht Club|
|P.O. Box 180154 Delafield WI 53018|
|Summer Only Phone Number: 262-367-8863|
|Program 1||In the News|
|For Coaches||New to SPORT|